How Do I Change My Facebook User Name 2019

Many people created a Facebook account regarding a years earlier when it appeared onto the social networks scene.

For me, that was my fresher year of high school. Versus my moms and dads' dreams, I had gotten on Myspace for about a year or so (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began challenging Myspace as the social media sites network to be on, I really did not intend to lose out on the action.

So I rapidly developed an account while my moms and dads were asleep one night.

As you can envision, freshman-year Holly was not my ideal self. Premature, unconfident, and also a little unusual, I created a username that was excellent for me at the time. Not so wonderful currently as a young expert.

If you resemble me and also developed a Facebook at a reasonably young age, you're most likely in the very same boat. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be altered.

How Do I Change My Facebook User Name



Things is, your username doesn't turn up large on your profile or anything. Thankfully. However it does appear as part of your Facebook page LINK. That by itself makes it rewarding to transform to something more appropriate.

The good news is, it's fairly easy! Adhere to along and I'll show you how.

Action 1: Log in to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the email that you made use of to create your account as well as your Facebook password. If you likewise produced your Facebook web page a decade earlier, you might use a now-defunct e-mail to check in. I recognize I do. There's a simple means to upgrade that while altering your LINK, which I'll get involved in later.

Step 2: Browse to Setups.

When you effectively visit, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Pictures of your good friends' engagements and also babies and intoxicated evenings out will certainly inhabit your screen. Possibly you'll even spot some new Facebook 3D pictures.

Aim to the top of the page where heaven banner is. To the very right, you'll see a small arrow pointing down. Click on that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click Settings, which is second from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Setups page that you're currently on, look at the 2nd option from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil icon to the right of it to alter your username as well as LINK.

Now that there are 2.23 billion month-to-month energetic Facebook individuals around, it could be hard ahead up with an unique username. Facebook will certainly allow you recognize if the username is available or otherwise when you type it in.

Change Facebook Username



Once you locate an available username, click Save.

Currently you have a brand-new Facebook username and Facebook URL!

Note: As I mentioned above, if you are using an out-of-date email, this is additionally the place you can alter that! Straight below username is a field called Get in touch with, where you can upgrade your e-mail address to whatever you currently utilize.

Tip 4: Examine Facebook URL.

To inspect that your adjustments have conserved, navigate to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the leading right edge.

When on your account, take a look at the LINK. It needs to be your brand-new one!

Enjoy your new Facebook username.

Currently you no longer have to live under whatever label your high-school-self developed. Your username and LINK show you as the individual you are currently!