How Do I Change Username On Facebook 2019

Many individuals developed a Facebook account regarding a years back when it erupted onto the social networks scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of high school. Versus my moms and dads' desires, I had gotten on Myspace for about a year or so (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began challenging Myspace as the social media sites network to be on, I didn't intend to miss out on the activity.

So I quickly created an account while my parents were asleep one night.

As you can envision, freshman-year Holly was not my best self. Premature, troubled, as well as a little unusual, I produced a username that was wonderful for me at the time. Not so great currently as a young expert.

If you're like me and also created a Facebook at a fairly young age, you're probably in the same watercraft. Never be afraid, your Facebook username can be altered.

How Do I Change Username On Facebook



The important things is, your username does not appear big on your profile or anything. Fortunately. However it does look like part of your Facebook page URL. That in itself makes it beneficial to transform to something more appropriate.

Thankfully, it's rather basic! Adhere to along as well as I'll show you just how.

Action 1: Log in to Facebook.

Log in to your Facebook account. This is the e-mail that you made use of to develop your account and your Facebook password. If you additionally produced your Facebook page a decade earlier, you may make use of a now-defunct email to sign in. I understand I do. There's a very easy way to upgrade that while changing your URL, which I'll enter later on.

Action 2: Navigate to Setups.

When you successfully visit, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Photos of your close friends' engagements and also children and also intoxicated nights out will certainly populate your display. Perhaps you'll also identify some new Facebook 3D photos.

Look to the top of the web page where the blue banner is. To the extremely right, you'll see a tiny arrow aiming down. Click on that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click Settings, which is second from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings page that you're now on, check out the 2nd option from the top. It's your username! Click on the pencil icon to the right of it to transform your username and also LINK.

Since there are 2.23 billion regular monthly energetic Facebook users around, it might be hard to come up with an unique username. Facebook will allow you understand if the username is offered or otherwise when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username


When you discover an offered username, click Save.

Currently you have a new Facebook username and also Facebook LINK!

Keep in mind: As I mentioned above, if you are using an out-of-date email, this is additionally the location you can transform that! Directly below username is an area called Call, where you can update your email address to whatever you currently make use of.

Step 4: Check Facebook LINK.

To check that your changes have saved, browse to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name located in the top right corner.

Once on your profile, look at the URL. It must be your brand-new one!

Appreciate your new Facebook username.

Now you no more have to live under whatever tag your high-school-self produced. Your username and also LINK show you as the individual you are currently!