How to Change My Username On Facebook 2019

Lots of people developed a Facebook account regarding a decade back when it emerged onto the social media scene.

For me, that was my fresher year of secondary school. Versus my moms and dads' wishes, I had gotten on Myspace for concerning a year or two (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook started testing Myspace as the social networks network to be on, I didn't want to miss out on the activity.

So I rapidly created an account while my parents were asleep one night.

As you can picture, freshman-year Holly was not my best self. Premature, troubled, and also a little strange, I produced a username that was terrific for me at the time. Not so wonderful now as a young professional.

If you resemble me and also developed a Facebook at a fairly young age, you're possibly in the exact same watercraft. Never fear, your Facebook username can be altered.

How To Change My Username On Facebook



The important things is, your username does not show up large on your account or anything. Thankfully. But it does look like part of your Facebook web page URL. That by itself makes it rewarding to alter to something better.

Fortunately, it's rather simple! Comply with along and also I'll reveal you exactly how.

Step 1: Visit to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the email that you used to create your account and also your Facebook password. If you likewise produced your Facebook page a decade back, you could use a now-defunct email to check in. I understand I do. There's a very easy means to update that while changing your URL, which I'll get involved in later on.

Step 2: Navigate to Settings.

When you successfully visit, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Pictures of your pals' engagements and also babies as well as intoxicated nights out will certainly populate your screen. Perhaps you'll even spot some new Facebook 3D images.

Look to the top of the web page where heaven banner is. To the very right, you'll see a little arrowhead pointing down. Click on that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click on Setups, which is second from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings page that you're currently on, look at the second alternative from the top. It's your username! Click on the pencil symbol to the right of it to transform your username as well as URL.

Since there are 2.23 billion monthly active Facebook individuals out there, it might be difficult ahead up with an one-of-a-kind username. Facebook will let you recognize if the username is readily available or not when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username


When you locate a readily available username, click Save.

Now you have a new Facebook username and also Facebook URL!

Keep in mind: As I pointed out above, if you are utilizing an outdated email, this is also the location you can transform that! Straight below username is a field called Contact, where you can update your e-mail address to whatever you presently use.

Tip 4: Inspect Facebook URL.

To inspect that your adjustments have actually conserved, browse to your Facebook account. You can do this by clicking your name located in the top right corner.

When on your account, check out the URL. It ought to be your brand-new one!

Enjoy your new Facebook username.

Now you no more need to live under whatever tag your high-school-self created. Your username and also URL show you as the person you are currently!