How to Edit My Username On Facebook 2019

Many individuals developed a Facebook account concerning a years earlier when it emerged onto the social media scene.

For me, that was my fresher year of senior high school. Versus my moms and dads' dreams, I had been on Myspace for regarding a year or so (Mom and Dad if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began testing Myspace as the social media network to be on, I really did not wish to lose out on the action.

So I swiftly developed an account while my moms and dads were asleep one evening.

As you can envision, freshman-year Holly was not my best self. Premature, insecure, and also a little odd, I produced a username that was fantastic for me at the time. Not so wonderful now as a young professional.

If you're like me and also created a Facebook at a relatively young age, you're most likely in the exact same watercraft. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be transformed.

How To Edit My Username On Facebook



Things is, your username doesn't show up huge on your account or anything. Fortunately. Yet it does appear as part of your Facebook web page LINK. That in itself makes it rewarding to change to something more appropriate.

Thankfully, it's relatively straightforward! Adhere to along and also I'll reveal you exactly how.

Step 1: Log in to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the email that you utilized to develop your account and your Facebook password. If you additionally created your Facebook page a years earlier, you might make use of a now-defunct e-mail to sign in. I know I do. There's a very easy method to upgrade that while transforming your LINK, which I'll enter later on.

Step 2: Navigate to Settings.

When you effectively visit, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Photos of your buddies' engagements as well as infants as well as inebriated evenings out will certainly occupy your display. Perhaps you'll also find some brand-new Facebook 3D pictures.

Seek to the top of the web page where heaven banner is. To the very right, you'll see a small arrow pointing down. Click that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click on Settings, which is second from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Setups page that you're now on, consider the second option from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil icon to the right of it to transform your username and URL.

Since there are 2.23 billion regular monthly active Facebook customers out there, it may be difficult to come up with an one-of-a-kind username. Facebook will let you understand if the username is available or not when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username



Once you discover an offered username, click Save.

Currently you have a new Facebook username and Facebook URL!

Note: As I pointed out above, if you are utilizing an out-of-date email, this is likewise the location you can alter that! Straight below username is an area called Call, where you can update your e-mail address to whatever you currently use.

Tip 4: Examine Facebook LINK.

To examine that your adjustments have conserved, navigate to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name located in the leading right corner.

Once on your account, take a look at the LINK. It ought to be your new one!

Enjoy your brand-new Facebook username.

Currently you no more have to live under whatever tag your high-school-self produced. Your username as well as LINK show you as the person you are currently!